It is necessary for an RN-BSN-prepared nurse to demonstrate an enhanced understanding of the pathophysiological processes of disease, the clinical manifestations and treatment protocols, and how they.
It is necessary for an RN-BSN-prepared nurse to demonstrate an enhanced understanding of the pathophysiological processes of disease, the clinical manifestations and treatment protocols, and how they affect clients across the life span.
Evaluate the Health History and Medical Information for Mr. C., presented below.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Based on this information, formulate a conclusion based on your evaluation, and complete the Critical Thinking Essay assignment, as instructed below.
Health History and Medical Information
Mr. C., a 32-year-old single male, is seeking information at the outpatient center regarding possible bariatric surgery for his obesity. He currently works at a catalog telephone center. He reports that he has always been heavy, even as a small child, gaining approximately 100 pounds in the last 2-3 years. Previous medical evaluations have not indicated any metabolic diseases, but he says he has sleep apnea and high blood pressure, which he tries to control by restricting dietary sodium. Mr. C. reports increasing shortness of breath with activity, swollen ankles, and pruritus over the last 6 months.
- Height: 68 inches; weight 134.5 kg
- BP: 172/98, HR 88, RR 26
- 3 pitting edema bilateral feet and ankles
- Fasting blood glucose: 146 mg/dL
- Total cholesterol: 250 mg/dL
- Triglycerides: 312 mg/dL
- HDL: 30 mg/dL
- Serum creatinine 1.8 mg/dL
- BUN 32 mg/dl
Critical Thinking Essay
In 750-1,000 words, critically evaluate Mr. C.’s potential diagnosis and intervention(s). Include the following:
- Describe the clinical manifestations present in Mr. C.
- Describe the potential health risks for obesity that are of concern for Mr. C. Discuss whether bariatric surgery is an appropriate intervention.
- Assess each of Mr. C.’s functional health patterns using the information given. Discuss at least five actual or potential problems can you identify from the functional health patterns and provide the rationale for each. (Functional health patterns include health-perception, health-management, nutritional, metabolic, elimination, activity-exercise, sleep-rest, cognitive-perceptual, self-perception/self-concept, role-relationship, sexuality/reproductive, coping-stress tolerance.)
- Explain the staging of end-stage renal disease (ESRD) and contributing factors to consider.
- Consider ESRD prevention and health promotion opportunities. Describe what type of patient education should be provided to Mr. C. for prevention of future events, health restoration, and avoidance of deterioration of renal status.
- Explain the type of resources available for ESRD patients for nonacute care and the type of multidisciplinary approach that would be beneficial for these patients. Consider aspects such as devices, transportation, living conditions, return-to-employment issues.
You are required to cite to a minimum of two sources to complete this assignment. Sources must be published within the last 5 years and appropriate for the assignment criteria and relevant to nursing practice.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Refer to the LopesWrite Technical Support articles for assistance.
PLEASE FOLLOW THE RUBRIC
Subjective and objective clinical manifestations are detailed. The clinical manifestations are accurate and clearly report the observed and perceived signs and symptoms.
A detailed discussion of the potential health risks for obesity is presented. A through and compelling discussion on whether bariatric surgery is an appropriate intervention is presented. The discussion is well-developed and supported by evidence and additional rationale.
Five or more actual or potential problems identified from the functional health patterns are discussed. The discussion is insightful, and the identified problems are highly relevant for the patient and his condition. The discussion is well-supported by rationale and evidence.
The staging of ESRD and the contributing factors for ESRD are explained. The information is accurate and reflects contemporary practice and research.
Patient education for the prevention of future events, health restoration, and avoidance of deterioration of renal status is thoroughly described. The proposed items are clearly presented and highly relevant and supportive of patient and his health status. Strong evidence and rationale generally support the discussion.
A clear and detailed explanation on the types of resources available for ESRD patients for nonacute care, and the beneficial types of multidisciplinary approaches, is presented. The explanation demonstrates insight into both resources and multidisciplinary approaches for nonacute care for ESRD patients.
Thesis is comprehensive and contains the essence of the paper. Thesis statement makes the purpose of the paper clear.
Clear and convincing argument presents a persuasive claim in a distinctive and compelling manner. All sources are authoritative.
Writer is clearly in command of standard, written, academic English.
All format elements are correct.
Sources are completely and correctly documented, as appropriate to assignment and style, and format is free of error.