1000 words essay about To demonstrate an understanding of Organizational Behavior basics.
I’m studying for my Engineering class and need an explanation.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- To demonstrate an understanding of Organizational Behavior basics
- To improve research and evaluation skills.
- Word count is 1000 words. (10% flexibility in word count is permitted). If the word counts violates these limits there will be an automatic 10% penalty deducted from the final mark.
- Plagiarism is considered as a serious offence in academic writing.
- Diagrams, charts and references are to be used when appropriate.
- The recommended text size is 12 pt and Times New Roman font. And line space should be double.
- Submission date 28-02-2020
Your overall grade will reflect:
- The quality of the information in your investigation.
- The relevance of your information to the given scenario.
Organizational Behavior Case: The Outdated Structure
Jake Harvey has a position on the corporate planning staff of a large company in a high technology industry. Although he has spent most of his time on long-range, strategic planning for the company, he has been appointed to a task force to reorganize the company. The president and board of directors are concerned that they are losing their competitive position in the industry because of an outdated organization structure. Being a planning expert, Jake convinced the task force that they should proceed by first determining exactly what type of structure they have now, then determining what type of environment the company faces now and in the future, and then designing the organization structure accordingly. In the first phase they discovered that the organization is currently structured along classic bureaucratic lines. In the second phase they found that they are competing in a highly dynamic, rapidly growing, and uncertain environment that requires a great deal of flexibility and response to change.
1. What type or types of organization design do you feel this task force should recommend in the third and final phase of the approach to their assignment?
2. Do you think Jake was correct in his suggestion of how the task force should proceed? What types of problems might develop as by-products of the recommendation you made in question 1?